Andreas Trussat is the founder of Andreas Trussat Yoga and yoga coach in the South of Amsterdam. He teaches transformational classes without walls and attitude to bring you to your true self. Andreas invests in consciousness, designs an individual practice for his clients and integrates all senses. He is also known for his controversial classes during the yogafestival YogaFest 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Andreas was born in Hamburg (Germany) and is based in Amsterdam (NL) since 1991. In 1988 he became a certified Dance Pedagogue at the Lola Rogge School Hamburg (Germany). From 1988 to 1990 Andreas studied Modern-Classical Dance at the Rotterdam Dance Academy (NL). He is a former model, professional dancer and choreographer. Andreas has worked and performed with various choreographers and companies. From 1994 to 2006 he created many workouts, workshops and courses and has been one of the most booked Presenters at Conventions, presenting at IDEA and Clubs of the Fitness Industry.
Renowned for his energy and humour, his enthusiasm is infectious, his passion motivating, his beneficial hands- on adjustments and his total love of teaching inspiring. His classes are a complete commitment to make everyone feel welcome and clearly captures the hearts of the audience. Andreas has taught in Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, India, Indonesia, United Kingdom, Scotland, USA and Russia.
From 2001 till 2011 Andreas has worked under the wings of Chi-Station. He created and presented Tai Chi classes and courses in different modules. In Copenhagen he tought the gentle way of moving in 2002, when he met his first yoga teacher Lino Miele. From 2005 to 2007 he studied at the Centre of Effective Intuition with Annette van den Berg. Andreas completed The Journey Practitioners Programme with Brandon Bays in 2007.
On the 01st of October 2012 he opened his own studio Andreas Trussat Yoga.
He speaks German, English and Dutch fluently.
Education Mind & Body
- 1999 Healing Tao Holland – Annette Dirksen & Mantak Chia – Amsterdam (NL)
- 1999 Chinese Healing – Marijke Pfeiffer – Amsterdam (NL)
- 2000 Tai Chi – Charles Aronson – Amsterdam (NL)
- 2001 Feng Shui – Dr. Jes T. Y. Lim – Amsterdam (NL)
- 2002-05 Ashtanga Yoga: Copenhagen (Denmark), Rome (Italy),
Dublin (Ireland), Kovalam (India), Lino Miele, Tina Pizzimenti, Gwendoline Hunt, John Scott, David Keil – Cornwall (UK), Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, Sharath Rangaswamy, Saraswati Rangaswamy Mysore (India), Katiza Satya – Amsterdam (NL), etc.
- 2004 Sacred Intimate – Body Electric – Amsterdam (NL)
- 2004 Massage – Touch – Amsterdam (NL)
- 2005 ASP – Ananda Spurana Program (Bliss) – Paramahamsa Sri Nithyananda – Bangalore (India)
- 2005 Tantra – Fred van der Meer & Conrad Heipke – Amsterdam (NL)
- 2005 Partner Yoga – Aaron Star – New York (USA)
- 2005-07 Effective Intuition 1 & 2 – Annette van den Berg – Heemstede (NL)
- 2006-08 Freedom Is, The Journey Intensive, Journey Practitioner Programme (7 seminars), Advanced No Ego, In the Presence – Brandon Bays (Europe & India)
- 2009 Tantra Yoga – Aaron Star – Bali (Indonesia)
- 2010 Jai Hanuman / Kecak Experience – Shiva Rea – Bali (Indonesia)
- 2011-14 Kabbalah – Amsterdam (NL), (Israel, Poland, Spain, USA)
- 2014 Massage – Kama Ayurveda – Amsterdam (NL)
- 2015-17 Yin Insight Yoga – Sarah & Ty Powers (UK & Italy)
- 2017 Ayurvedic Psychology – Robert Svoboda – Amsterdam (NL)
- 2018-19 Yin Insight Yoga – Sarah & Ty Powers (Italy)